Your Dealer Fraud Attorney
Hovanes Margarian, Esq.
– USC – Biological Sciences, B.A.
– USC – Gould School of Law, J.D.
– Admitted to the California State Bar, U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Hovanes Margarian is lead trial counsel and founder of a preeminent consumer protection law office in Sherman Oaks, CA. Margarian has extensive litigation experience in consumer fraud, automobile dealership fraud, automobile repair fraud, products liability, automobile defects/lemon law, legal and medical malpractice, business law, criminal law, employment law and personal injury litigation. He has litigated cases against Intel Corporation, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., Honda North America, Inc., Aston Martin Lagonda of North America, Inc., BMW of North America, LLC, Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, Keyes European, LLC, Rusnak Enterprises, LLC and Wells Fargo Auto Finance, Inc. His clients range across the socio-economic spectrum, from the working class to the corporate elite. What unifies them is Margarian’s vision that all individuals should afford the full legal remedies available under the law if they have been wronged.
Margarian earned his undergraduate degree in biological sciences from the University of Southern California in a total of three years, while concurrently conducting scholarly research in gene therapy and earning the highest departmental awards for two consecutive years. Upon graduating from USC, Margarian combined his intellectual capacity with his relentless passion for standing up for the right cause and matriculated in law school, rejecting his admission to a tier one medical school. 
Margarian obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the USC Gould School of Law, where he concentrated his studies on business and corporate law, real estate law, property law and California civil procedure. While in law school, he co-founded a nationwide automobile sales and leasing brokerage. His venture in the automotive industry gave him first-hand exposure to the innermost nuances of automobile sales and leasing, which are rarely accessible to the public. While enhancing his professional network, Margarian built bridges with industry and community leaders, government officials and prominent attorneys. At the same time Margarian became involved in a graduate student association through which he developed charitable programs that rose over $30,000 annually and donated the funds to build schools and hospitals in underdeveloped regions of the world.
Immediately upon graduating, Margarian established his own legal practice and quickly began gaining recognition for being an aggressive litigator with an unprecedented amount of inside knowledge of the automotive industry. He has a keen ability to assess damages in a given case and find legal theories under which to seek not only the client’s actual damages but also punitive damages and attorney’s fees and costs. This makes it possible for a consumer to afford retaining his legal services and vigorously pursuing a claim even when the consumer cannot afford to pay litigation expenses out of pocket. 
Margarian is now widely known as one of the most bold litigators in the arena of automobile dealership fraud and auto defects/lemon law who gets most of his cases through referrals from other attorneys across the State of California. He has not only gained recognition from his own clients but also from defense counsel who routinely settle cases with him merely to avoid going to trial and often times even refer him clients. With the extensive amount of success and knowledge in litigation he has also expanded his practice into most major arenas of civil litigation including, but not limited to, legal and medical malpractice, business law, employment law, personal injury litigation and also criminal defense.
Margarian frequents speaking engagements where he informs university and law school students regarding the practice of law and civil litigation involving fraud. He also lectures to the public on the topic of consumer fraud, educating them on how to better protect their interests. Margarian also hosted a popular television series that discussed consumer rights and remedies arising out of automobile dealership fraud, business law, employment law and criminal law.
Margarian is past president and re-founder of the USC Downtown Los Angeles Alumni Club with a base of over 10,000 local alumni. During his presidency, he organized various social, networking and fundraising events in conjunction with the USC Alumni House. He is presently on the USC Gould School of Law Young Alumni Committee, is the co-founder and vice-chairman of the USC Armenian Alumni Association, and is involved as a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. As a member of the Board of Governors of the Armenian Bar Association, Margarian has organized events honoring high ranking government officials, judges, litigators, prominent businessman and others.
Margarian’s new YouTube series is scheduled to launch in the summer of 2011, where he plans to share more of his legal knowledge by providing insight into various consumer interest topics. He is also authoring a series of books to empower consumers through legal and practical advice.
Learn more about The Law Offices of Hovanes Margarian by visiting www.MargarianLaw.com
- Margarian’s initial career objective was to become a pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon thus he studied biology as an undergrad at USC and conducting research in gene therapy studying the practical application of the HIV and FIV modules to cure AIDS at the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles. He was awarded the highest departmental awards for two consecutive years, the Milo Don Appleman Award and the Okin Award, and his research findings were published in the prestigious Molecular Therapy Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy. Margarian’s first scientific research project was a breakthrough in microscale techniques in thermodynamics which he published in the scholarly Journal of Chemical Education at the age of fifteen. He also graduated high school with the highest weighted grade point average of 4.72 in the State of California in the year of his graduation.
- Shortly upon starting his legal practice Margarian substituted in as lead counsel on two major ongoing litigations involving dealer fraud. The first one involved a $200,000 recreational vehicle purchase. The matter was set for trial three weeks away and Plaintiff’s counsel had done zero preparation, even advising him to walk away from the case after having expended an exorbitant amount of money and nearly eighteen months. Margarian took over the matter, prepared for the trial and successfully recovered nearly one quarter of a million dollars. The second matter involved a $120,000 high-end sports vehicle, a working class Plaintiff who had hired a real estate attorney to represent him, over two years of ongoing litigation, a multi-million dollar defendant with top notch legal counsel and yet no end in sight. The underlying case was valued at $40,000 however Margarian recovered double the amount by proving not only the selling dealership’s liability but also crucial errors made by the client’s prior counsel.