Questions to Ask When Buying a Used Car
There are many ways of avoiding used car fraud, but which one is the best? Get the right information about the car you intend to purchase. Make a list of questions to ask your car dealer. Remember that all questions are reasonable and no question is silly.
If you’re purchasing a car from a reputable used car dealer he will answer all your questions. Look for a dealer who wants you to feel comfortable with the sales experience and your used car, invites your questions, gives knowledgeable responses, and makes the sales transactions transparent.
Questions That Will Help You Avoid Car Buying Scams
There are countless valuable questions that you can ask. Here are a few samples:
• Ask the dealer where was the vehicle purchased from?
• Has the vehicle sustained any damage?
• Ask if the dealership has inspected the vehicle and what did you find.
• Has the vehicle been serviced? What did you do?
• Find out if you can find the paperwork required for registration online. If documents of sale are not ready, don’t leave with the car.
• Has the car ever been used as a rental car?
Know Something About the Used Car Dealer.
• Avoid used car dealers that look like fly-by-night operations. Be sure the car you are purchasing is genuinely available from the seller for legitimate sale.
• Check with the Better Business Bureau or your local Chamber of Commerce to be sure the dealer is legitimate.
[ To Learn more our services and areas of practice, please visit our website at