Inspect Before You Buy A Used Car!
Are you afraid to buy a used car because you don’t want to become victim of dealer fraud? It is, in fact, possible to buy a used car and avoid all kinds of dealer tricks and scams. One of the most important thing to do when you buying a used car is to inspect it before you purchase. Here are some tips on how to inspect a used car:
- The first thing you should do when you buy a used car is to walk around it and check the body, tires, registration and then scan the interior.
- Never look at the vehicle in the dark.
- Never look at the car in the rain. Water can sometimes mask prior body damage.
- Try to see the car when it hasn’t been started for awhile so the engine is cool.
- If you buy a used car in an area that has really hot climates then you will need to check for blown head gaskets and cracked heads.
- Check the transmission fluid after the car is warmed up, on level ground and idling.
- Always get a vehicle history report before you buy a used car. This is an excellent get information about the car you intend to buy and can help you verify if it has been declared as a salvage vehicle or was flooded.