An auto dealer fraud attorney or auto dealer scam lawyer is the right person to turn to whenever having problems with car dealerships. Auto dealer fraud is the action performed by an unscrupulous auto dealer to deceive unsuspecting car buyers. Unfortunately, auto dealer fraud may occur at any stage of a car-buying process: from advertising to non-disclosure of vehicle connected information on the part of the dealership.
Before purchasing a vehicle one should know what kind of information to expect to gain from the dealership. Car dealerships are not required to disclose everything about a vehicle. The required amount of disclosure varies from state to state. However, most states require dealers to disclose whether or not the car was a “lemon law” buyback or a salvage vehicle or a car involved in a previous accident, etc. Some states have stronger requirements from the dealerships than others. Nevertheless, auto dealers are responsible for the product they are presenting, advertising, and selling.
There are various types of auto dealer fraud that auto dealer fraud attorney can deal with. Here are some of them:
- Odometer fraud: This happens when dealers tamper an odometer to represent a vehicle as having less mileage than it actually has.
- Representing a used vehicle as a new car: Sometimes auto dealers may attempt to sell used or “lemon law” buyback vehicles as brand new when in fact they have previously been driven and in some cases are even defective.
- Advertisement of special equipment or accessories: In such cases, dealers offer you unnecessary secondary-rank equipment requiring extra fees for them.
- “Bait and Switch” advertising practices: This happens when dealers offer certain vehicles to car buyers knowing full well that those vehicles are no longer available. Thus, consumers are tempted by non-existing cars which are later replaced by “similar” ones, but this time already in higher prices.
- Documentation fraud: this involves providing the consumer with false car history reports. This also involves various types of warranty fraud.
If you have been cheated by a dishonest car dealer then remember that you have rights our professional auto dealer fraud attorney is ready to protect.
All you need is to:
- Collect and organize all paperwork you have from the time of purchase to date.
- Jot down the details of the initial vehicle inspection, test drive, negotiations, signing and any other parts of the buying process.
- Include the name of all individuals who have helped you at the dealership, showed you the car, talked about any aspect of the purchase/finance including any claims that they have made.
- Contact an experienced auto dealer fraud lawyer, preferably one who has done many of these cases before. Dealer fraud is a very specific narrow niche in the legal field and your attorney should be very knowledgeable and experienced in handling such cases.
- If you turn to the Law Offices of Hovanes Margarian we will sit down with you or talk over the phone to evaluate your case and consult with you for free. We will evaluate your case and explain all options available to you. Mr Margarian will give you advice on what you can expect if you decide to file a lawsuit against the dealership and will work with you to ensure the best outcome for your case.